Changing My Relationship With Media


Our lessons in Critical Thinking have made me reflect on my own digital footprint.  I find myself on my phone often whether its with my friends, or while I'm bored at home.  Often when I go on my phone I go on to social media platforms right away without even thinking.  I go on my phone to search something for a homework assignment, then get lost in the millions of posts available on my screen.  After realizing how often I do this I decided to make a change by putting those apps in folders.  Doing this will make them harder to find so that I don't go on them immediately when I open my phone.  I hope that this is able to change the way I interact with the media.  
 
Link to photo:
http://www.familyandmedia.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/social-network-scelta-900x444.jpg 
 

Comments

  1. I do this all the time. I go on my phone and ten minutes later I realize that I hadn't even done what I went on there to do. I get caught up in the social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same predicament. Whenever I go to accomplish a task on my phone I am heavily bombarded with ads from companies who have my information and interests and are using them to send me ads that would have an effect on me. I find that this can be annoying at times but most of the time it passes right by me and I hardly notice seeing as I can skip most of the ads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing happens to me. I am glad to hear you are working to solve this common problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also do this all the time. I needlessly go through my apps on my phone and before I realize it, I just spent ten minutes glued to my phone. Overall, I believe this is an issue we should all resolve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I “suffer” from the EXACT same thing on a daily basis. I notice myself doing it but I have absolutely no self-discipline, which is something I wish I had because I would then be able to get through things without unconsciously going in my phone and finding myself on social media. Now that we are focusing on it more, I catch myself doing it more now and am learning from it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts on "MissRepresentation"

Pet Social Media Stars?

Thoughts on "Merchants of Cool"